Returns and refunds
According to Decree Law No. 24/2014 of 14 February, the customer has the right to terminate the contract within a maximum period of 14 calendar days after the date of receipt of the order.
- Exchanges / returns of products ordered online will only be accepted up to 14 days after the date of receipt of the order, as described in the legislation that regulates this sector. The returned products must be accompanied by the invoice, manuals, accessories and original packaging intact, any associated offers, as they were sold and sent to the customer.
- The period for exercising the right of free withdrawal expires 14 days from the day following the day on which the customer or a third party appointed by you, other than the carrier, acquires physical possession of the goods.
- For the free resolution period to be respected, it is enough that your communication regarding the exercise of the right of free resolution is sent to Made in Madeira before the end of the resolution period.
- The customer must return the goods without undue delay and no later than 14 (fourteen) days from the day he informed Made in Madeira of the free termination of the contract, considering that it is respected if the customer returns the goods before the expiry of this period of 14 (fourteen) days. You must return the goods properly packed, with original packaging to the following address (headquarters):
Made in Madeira, Lda
Rua do Sabão nº 53
9000-021 – Funchal
- All refunds are processed on Friday. As a rule, banks make the transfer within 1 to 2 business days.
- The costs of returning the order will always be fully borne by the customer, regardless of its nature or size. If the product to be returned cannot be returned by regular mail, its cost may reach a maximum of € 100, depending on the volume and weight of the product to be returned.
- The refund will always be made through bank transfer, and will only be carried out after verification by Made in Madeira of the conformity of the product’s condition as well as its packaging, manuals, accessories and warranty seals.
Returns will not be accepted for products whose original equipment boxes are damaged, torn, crushed, etc., in order to ensure that the product arrives at our premises properly accommodated in order to guarantee its resale.
- If the product to be returned has any offer, it must also be returned in perfect condition and in its original intact packaging, if this is not the case Made in Madeira will discount the value of the product to the amount to be returned to the customer.
- All refunds, exchanges and returns of items purchased online will be treated exclusively by the same means, excluding the resolution of these cases at the counters of physical stores.
- It is mandatory for the customer to test and confirm the proper functioning of the components purchased before installing on the equipment and before removing the protective films, security seals, glues, etc.
Only returns for components whose protective films have not been removed and do not contain any traces of assembly or use will be accepted.
- Repairs involving the replacement of parts or components must be carried out by specialized personnel, as we are not responsible for defects caused by assembly error on the part of the customer.
- Made in Madeira will not accept returns of any products (damaged or under warranty) sent to our offices for collection.
- Made in Madeira will not accept returns for any products ordered to measure or customized for the customer.
- Returns of hygiene or personal care will not be accepted.
- Made in Madeira will not accept the return or exchange of items after use. The customer will be held responsible for the depreciation of the asset, if the manipulation carried out to inspect the nature, characteristics and functioning of that asset exceeds the manipulation that is usually admitted in a commercial establishment, in which case it is considered that the asset does not meet the conditions for the termination of the contract can be completed and therefore the return or exchange is not accepted by Made in Madeira.
- In case of damaged product (or any missing accessory) that occurred during delivery of the order to the customer, the claim must be communicated to Made in Madeira within a maximum period of 48 hours for insurance to be activated. After this period, complaints will not be accepted. If the customer finds that the product packaging is torn, open or in poor condition, he must refuse the order and indicate the reason for the refusal on the carrier’s waybill. If the customer accepts the order and it is in poor condition, he should always mention in the transport guide that the same vine was damaged and if he does not do it, the responsibility will be borne by the customer.
- If the ordered product is damaged, we will collect it at no cost to the customer, if the damage has been reported within 48 hours after receipt of the product. If the malfunction does not occur, the cost of collection and return to the customer will be at your expense.
Delivery and Payment
- Orders depending on the customer’s choice are sent via CTT Expresso or DHL. Shipping is only carried out on working days, and weekends and holidays are not counted for the estimated delivery. Orders are shipped on the same day when payment is made and confirmed by 3pm on the same day.
- Under the terms of Decree-Law no. 7/2004 of 7 January (with the changes conferred by Decree-Law no. 62/2009, of 10 March and Law no. 46/2012, of 29 August), Made in Madeira reserves the right to unilaterally cancel any orders, the final price of which is wrong or outdated or whenever there is a programming error, malfunction of Made in Madeira equipment as well as the contract proposal being wrong destination and the error concerns an essential element of the contract. The customer will be notified of this before the payment has been made, however if the payment has already been made the customer will be fully refunded.
- Made in Madeira reserves the right to cancel orders, the payment of which has not been made within 3 working days after the date on which they are placed.
- If the items are not in stock in our warehouse because they are items ordered by order, prepayment may be requested in order to proceed with ordering the item in question from the supplier. In the case of payments made for items purchased whose status is by order, Made in Madeira reserves the right to deliver the order within 3 to 10 working days. In case of impossibility of delivery within this period, the payment will be refunded.
- Any offers associated with an ordered product will always be subject to stock confirmation and may be canceled without prior notice.
- For shipments to countries outside the European Union and depending on the laws of each country, Customs may require payment of taxes to which Made in Madeira is alien and which will be borne by the customer.
- Orders sent by Made in Madeira and which for any reason (absence, wrong address, etc.) have not been delivered to the customer, the customer must make the claim within 6 months after dispatch, otherwise the order will be considered lost and the customer will any credit related to the order. In situations of repaired / damaged products that the customer does not pick up until 6 months after being notified to do so, Made in Madeira is not responsible for any loss.
- Any changes to the order information, after submission, must be communicated by email and provided that the order has not been shipped. If the shipment has already taken place, additional costs may occur.
- Any delay in shipment of the order, given the shipping dates presented, does not give the customer the right to any compensation.
- If any product ordered is unavailable, and after contacting the supplier about the possibility of replacing the missing product, Made in Madeira will notify the customer if the delivery time or the price of the item changes and the order will only proceed after consent given by the customer. Made in Madeira will be able to propose to the customer the supply of a product of equivalent quality and price, if any, and, in this case too, the order will only continue after the consent given by the customer.